Whitepages firmly believes in using data for good, and we understand that people have different needs when it comes to privacy. We will respect and assist with any requests for privacy as it relates to the information we provide.
Currently, it is not possible to make edits to individual listings. This is an option we hope to have in the future so that you have more control over what information is available.
If you'd like to remove a listing associated with your identity, we can help. Please first obtain the URL/web address that contains your contact details, and then use that URL/web address to complete the opt-out process.
Please be aware that Whitepages is not the only company that publishes contact information online. Whitepages is only able to remove information on the services we provide. If you are concerned about privacy, we recommend searching for other websites that may potentially publish your information.
How to get the URL/web address for your listing
- Use the Person Search feature to search for your listing by using your first & last name, along with city and state.
- Locate your listing on the results page, and then click View Details.
- Confirm that the listing is associated with your identity. This can be done by verifying the available phone number and address as yours.
- Copy the URL/web address from the address bar. The URL/web address can be found in the address bar at the top of your internet browser. After highlighting the text, you can right-click and select copy. This will digitally copy the URL so that you can use it in the next step.
Please note: The URL/web address you copy will have a small reference number at the end, usually 11 digits long, such as: whitepages.com/name/Example-A-Person/Seattle-WA/Abcd12345ef
Removing the listing via our opt-out service
- Access the Opt-Out Site
- Paste the URL/web address into the entry field by right-clicking the entry field and selecting paste. Press the blue "Next" button.
- The confirmation page will appear, providing a final chance to verify the contact details of the URL/web address you provided. Click "Remove Me" to continue.
- Please provide us with a reason for your request. The reason will not impact your opt-out request and is only used to aid us in improving our product for visitors in the future. Click "Next" when you are finished.
- Input your telephone number to verify the removal request. This is collected to verify association with the listing and secure details of your identity, and will not be resold or used on our site in any way. Review the agreement and then press "Call Now to Verify" to receive the phone call.
- A four-digit code will be provided, and you should receive an authorization call at the number provided in the previous step. Follow the instructions and input the code when prompted.
If you were successful, the page will update and confirm that we are processing the removal of your listing. If you encounter any difficulties with the opt-out process, please let us know by submitting a ticket to our Customer Care Team by clicking the blue "Request Help" button.
Please be aware that we do not have the ability to hide your information on databases we don't control, such as public records. Additionally, some third-party search engines may display information cached from our sites. It may take longer for search engine result pages to delete this cached data, up to 30 days in some cases.
Article is closed for comments.