Whitepages firmly believes in using data for good, and we understand that people have different needs with privacy. We will respect and assist with any requests to edit information on our site.
Currently, it is not possible to edit listings. This is a option we hope to have in the future, so that you have more control over what information is available.
If you'd like to remove a profile associated with your identity, we can help. Please first obtain the URL that contains your contact details, and then use that URL to complete the opt-out process.
How to get the URL for your listing
- Use the Person Search feature, using your first & last name, along with city and state.
- Locate your listing on the results page, and then click View Free Details. Please note: Listings in a blue box are specific to our Premium membership, and are not available to visitors on our free site.
- Confirm that the listing is associated with your identity. This can be done by verifying the available phone number and address as yours.
- Copy the URL from the address bar. The URL can be found in the address bar at the top of your internet browser. After highlighting the text, you can right-click and select copy. This will digitally copy the URL so that you can use it in the next step. Please note: The URL you copy will have a small reference number at the end, usually 7 digits long.
Removing the listing via our opt-out service
- Access the Opt-Out Site
- Paste the URL into the entry field by right-clicking the entry field and selecting paste. Press the black "Opt-Out" button.
- The confirmation page will appear, providing a final chance to verify the contact details of the URL you provided. Click "Remove Me" to continue.
- Please provide us with a reason for your request. This will aid us in improving our product for visitors in the future. "Submit" this when you are finished.
- Input your telephone number to verify the removal request. This is collected to verify association with the listing and secure details of your identity, and will not be resold or used on our site. Review the agreement and then press "Call Now to Verify" to receive the phone call.
- A four digit code is provided, and you should receive an authorization call at the number provided in the previous step. Follow the instructions and input the code when prompted.
If you were successful, the page will update and confirm that we are processing the removal of your listing.
Trying to remove your information from Whitepages Premium? Please review the help article for the associated instructions.
Please be aware that we do not have the ability to hide your information on databases we don't control, such as public records. Additionally, some third-party search engines may display information cached from our sites. It may take longer for search engine result pages to delete this cached data, up to 30 days in some cases.